Good Shepherd Parent/Carer Questionnaire 2015
206 questionnaires were sent to parents. 56 replies were received (40 of these replies were from Catholic families).
|Statement||Strongly Agree||Agree||Neither Agree or Disagree||Disagree||Strongly Disagree|
|My child enjoys Good Shepherd school.||59%||36%||4%||2%|
|The school keeps my child safe.||54%||43%||4%|
|My child is taught well at this school.||50%||46%||2%||2%|
|The school informs me about my child’s progress.||34%||45%||11%||11%|
|My child receives homework that is appropriate.||41%||43%||14%|
|My child enjoys a range of extra curricular activities.||30%||46%||21%||2%|
|The school meets my child’s particular needs.||34%||48%||16%||2%|
|The school responds well to any concerns raised.||36%||38%||23%||4%|
|The school deals effectively with unacceptable behaviour.||32%||39%||25%||2%||2%|
|The school is led and managed effectively.||43%||48%||7%||2%|
|Overall, I am happy with my child’s experience at this school.||57%||38%||5%|
|I would recommend Good Shepherd to another parent.||59%||34%||7%|
|Parents of Catholic pupils only: My child is well supported in his/her faith development.||48%||48%||5%|
|Parents of Catholic pupils only: The school reflects the ethos and practises of a Catholic school.||50%||45%||5%|
|Parents of Catholic pupils only: I am happy with the preparation, which the school gives for First Confessions, First Holy Communion and Confirmation.||50%||45%||5%|
- I’m pleased with the progress made by our child and the overall support and effort provided by the staff.
- Keep up the good work
- I am looking forward to hearing at parents evening.
- No concerns myself and both my children attended this school. Its a lovely school and the teachers are a credit.
- Need regular parents meetings about the child development
- Need regular parents meeting regarding the children
- Regular parents meeting about child development
- Could not answer all questions as not had experience
- I am a new parent to the school and so far so good. Am happy with my daughter’s progress so far. For some statements I didn’t rate them as I had no experience.
- Is it possible to install a microphone in the assembly hall? As it is difficult to hear.
- I would like to be kept more informed of progress or lack of it. i.e. if my child continues to make progress at this rate he/she will get to this point. However with hard work and focus he or she could get to this point.
- I think the school is good but concerned by the different amounts of teachers my child has had in the last 2 years. I hope this doesn’t progress further. (Reason for strongly disagree to statement three)
- My daughter is showing good progress this year and hope the school keeps pushing her forward.
Good Shepherd Pupil Questionnaire 2015
What do you think about your school?
169 children completed the questionnaire in Years 1-6
|1) I enjoy being at Good Shepherd.||83%||16%||0%|
|2) I feel safe at school.||89%||10%||0%|
|3) I find learning interesting and fun.||76%||22%||2%|
|4) I have to work hard in school.||98%||2%||0%|
|5) I can ask for help when I am stuck.||93%||7%||0%|
|6) I am always expected to do my best.||99%||1%||0%|
|7) My teacher’s comments help me to improve.||81%||19%||0%|
|8) I know how well I am doing in school.||75%||23%||2%|
|9) I feel safe and happy at breaktimes.||72%||27%||1%|
|10) I feel safe and happy at lunchtimes.||69%||30%||1%|
|11) Behaviour is good at my school.||54%||45%||1%|
|12) My ideas are listened to in class and school.||70%||27%||3%|
|13) Adults care about me at school.||98%||2%||0%|
|14) Teachers are fair to me.||84%||14%||2%|
|15) Teachers listen to me.||83%||14%||1%|
|16) My school helps me to be healthy.||88%||11%||1%|
Our Action Plan
Following the results from the parent and pupil questionnaire these actions have been agreed to secure continuous school improvement.
- Keeping parents informed about progress: Assessing without levels – parents to receive an information leaflet that explains how Romero children will be assessed.
- Reporting to parents: Parents Evening will take place each term.
- Behaviour: (a) Vice Principal has met with the school Council to discuss issues around behaviour (b) Mrs Clarke has sought staff views on the Assertive Discipline (c) SLT to consider next steps (d) Rewards and consequences to be reviewed.
- Lunchtime: (a) supervisors attended First Aid training, SEN updates and behaviour management. More training is planned for leading play (b) Nurture Group to be arranged for lunch times.