Code Of Conduct
For the full policy please see below the introduction
- This model code of conduct, as adopted, applies to all those employed in the Romero Catholic
Academy (The ‘Academy Company’) working in one of the Academy Schools (The ‘School’)
- This code is designed to set out required standards and help employees understand the working
relationship between themselves, their managers, colleagues, pupils and members of the public to
whom they deliver a service.
- This policy details the main standards of behaviour that you need to adhere to and also details
the behaviours that the Academy Company would normally regard as gross misconduct. The standards
of behaviour and the examples of gross misconduct (listed in the Disciplinary Policy) should not be
considered exhaustive. The Academy Company believe that employees are responsible for their actions.
Principals/LACs /Line Managers will ensure that staff are fully briefed on the content and have access to
a copy of the Code of Conduct, it is however the responsibility of all employees to read the Code. If any
of the provisions contained within the Code of Conduct, related Codes of Practice or Policies are not
fully understood, then the employee must, in their own interest, seek clarification from their Line
Manager or from HR by emailing email@example.com.
- Principals must ensure that current HR policies and other advice/guidance referred to
throughout this document are accessible for all staff employed within the Academy Company. This may
be via a hard copy periodically updated within the school, or via the HR Team, where the most up to
date information is available.
- If an employee’s actions or behaviour fall below the standards set out in this Code, then The
Academy Company may take formal disciplinary action which may include the full range of disciplinary
sanctions. Serious misconduct, criminal offences or other acts committed outside of working hours,
which bring the Academy Company into disrepute or impact on the employee’s ability to carry out their
role, may also result in formal disciplinary action being taken, in accordance with the Academy
Full Policy – Code of Conduct